Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up 6/29-7/1

How is it July already!?

I guess it's time I start buckling down and writing my curriculum/year plans for this year. Ah! It's so real now!

But before all the serious stuff ensues, let's recap this weekend. I went home to mooch off the parents cable and internet spend some time with the fam. And, let me tell you, it was a fun-filled-family-fiesta!

Friday night:
 Yep, this happened. After dinner with the 'rents, my bro's GF and I saw Magic Mike. On opening day. In a theater full of screaming and whistling women, teenagers to post-menopausals, all oogling. How was it? Well, I already have plans to see it again later this week. It was Awesome! (by awesome I mean fun. This is by no means a work of film-making genius)


Saturday:
 Spent A Day in Pompeii at the Cincinnati Museum center with my dad. I think it had been maybe 10 years since the  last time I was there, and it was so fun! The exhibit was so interesting, and it was a great way to spend some time with the Pops. Here are some higlights:

 Sunday was a lazy day with both parental units. Starting with breakfast. Two courses of course:
Tofu scramble with zucchini, tomatoes, and basil.
Oats with cinnamon and come blueberries.
 After some hardware store shopping (more on that later), lunch at the adorable little coffee shop in my adorable little hometown. I started out with a salad that was covered in goat cheese, which I didn't even think to ask to have removed. This was passed to Pops. I also had lentil soup, which was traded for Mom's gazpacho after about 3 bites because she couldn't handle the heat of hers. I was so happy with the trade. Love me some fresh, zesty gazpacho. I think I might have to try this one at home.

 After getting my fill of cable before I went back to my cable-less abode chillin at home for a while, I headed back to my apartment. It was a great family weekend. Probably one of the best parts of my new location (apartment, job, etc) is that I am such good distance from home and it's ease- but not too easy- to hang out with the fam. Over the past several months, I have realized just how important they are in my life, and I plan on keeping a firm hold on those relationships. I am so lucky that they are so strong.

Until next time, here's to creating our own hapiness.
~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment