Thursday, January 12, 2012

Third Time's the Charm

I have to admit...

This will be my third attempt at blogging- excluding the online journal I kept during my study abroad in Toledo Spain. Two summers ago, my roommate and I decided we would try blogging about cooking in our tiny college apartment. We created a title and design, and that's where we left it. I am sure that our black page is still floating out there in cyberspace somewhere.

The summer after that (so this past one) I started a blog that I kept up for the whole summer and into the beginning of Fall Quarter of my senior year. Everything was going smoothly, and even though I don't think I had many- if any- readers, I really enjoyed writing every few days.

That was until everything imploded.

Senior year started with a crash. An insanely busy schedule with 18 hours of classes, 15 of field observations/teaching, and 20 hours of work at 2 different jobs. A terrible breakup with the guy I thought I was going to marry. All leading to the resurgence of some disordered eating habits that I had been working through with said boyfriend.

I tried to keep up the blog, but it largely focused on food. I was overwhelmed and felt too much pressure regarding my food to find any joy in writing any more.

It has been a few months. I have spent some much needed time at home with my amazing family. I have reconnected with friends that I had alienated when I was consumed by my own problems. I started this winter quarter, and 2012 with a new sense of hope.

For the first time, I am excited to begin figuring just who I am on my own.

This much I know. I am deeply passionate about teaching, and the closer I get to graduation, the more I itch to get out there and have my own classroom. I still have a passion for healthy, whole, plant-based food. I have discovered a new appreciation (I won't say love, or even fondness) for exercise. I love writing, and I find that it is one of the best ways to relieve my stress.

And, I have a whole lot to say and share.

So, here we go... again. Hey, third time's the charm, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment