Sunday, April 15, 2012

Coming Back to Earth

Well hello there, stranger!

It's been far too long since I sat down and wrote out a post. Honestly, in the past 10-or-so days, I have hardly had time to shower, let alone reflect on the day. I hit the ground running in my student teaching on Monday, and I have been whirlwind busy all week! This weekend, when I gave myself a day off from everything, was the first time it felt like my feet have touched the ground all week!

I have to say, I am loving it!

Here are some highlights:

1) A weekend home for Seder and some good family time. I'm happy to report that it was almost anxiety free, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I was sad to come back, but excited too because I started taking over classes on Monday.
Our Seder Plate
Deeeelicious Vegan Matzo Ball soup that Mom made specially for me. Even the carnivores were impressed!
Dates for the evening, Bro and Maddy on the left and me and their friend Chris on the right.
Date night with Mom
The baby and entertainment of every family get together, Bro's puppy, Jolene
2. Started taking over classes in Student Teaching! This is, by far the most exciting part of this last week. It has been so satisfying and fulfilling and energizing and encouraging... can you tell I'm happy about it?!
Yes, I am crazy busy, and with my 4 preps, I have very little free time, but I feel like I am thriving. I am even more convinced now that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. 

So far, I have been able to keep a healthy balance and found enough time to maintain eating in the way that makes me feel my best and work out on days that allowed for it. My hyper-organization and time management have been a god send, and I know that if I keep on top of things, I will be able to keep this momentum going.

Next week, I am picking up another prep, and although I was feeling overwhelmed earlier in the experience, I am ready to take it head on!
My GIANT "teacher bag" and million texts for my classes. Organization is the key to my sanity.
I've even had some time this weekend for some time out with good friends, and a lazy movie night!

Here's to conquering next week!
~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment