Saturday, June 16, 2012

One down, One to go

Well, folks, I have been home at my parents' house for one week. And thank goodness, I only have 1 more to go before I move back out to my own place (!!!) near my new job.

Graduation and leaving school was a terribly hard transition for me, and being back in my parents' house has made it even worse. Don't get me wrong, I have a great relationship with my parents, but this just isn't my home anymore. I physically don't fit here. My stuff is in the dining room and living room temporarily, and I can barely move in my bedroom. Going from living on your own for 4 years to being back under your parents' roof is just an awkward and weird time.

This week hasn't been all bad though. It's been nice to have some time to relax and hang with the fam. Cue the highlight reel.

I joined a gym!
Yes, me, the self-proclaimed hater of working out, paid heard-earned money to be able to get my sweat on. But, throughout the last year or so, I have discovered how important and fun working out is. The gym isn't great, but it is so nice to have a place to have a good sweat sesh everyday. I know it has made me a little more ...pleasant to have at home. Of course, when I move, I'll be canceling my membership here and looking for somewhere new around my new place.

Sweaty self-pic in the car after a particularly good workout. Completely necessary, and you're welcome.


Hanging with the broski.
My brother and his girlfriend are pretty amazing people. The first night I was home she invited me over to make dinner and hang out since she knew I was feeling pretty down because of graduation. On Thursday, we all went bowling and out after.
I have a weird love for bowling shoes.
The guy behind the counter found this weird.
Sorry, I'm not sorry.
 This night was super fun, but resulted in drinking too much, eating too much, and not getting enough sleep. I felt terrible the whole next day, but I guess that's the price to pay for too much fun. I say family bonding, and a great night out is worth the uncomfortable next day.

Other highlights of the week:
 Mani-pedi's with Mom. This was my first pedicure, and I can't believe it took me 22 years to do it. I think I''m hooked. I have also decided that I will continue painting my nails crazy colors when I'm teaching. Screw professionality. I like it, and it will help me relate to my students.
And, a movie date with Dad on Friday night. I finally got to see Avengers, and it was awesome! As always Dad was the best date ever, and bonus cool points that he got the seniors ticket!

I guess all there's left to do while I'm home is to take advantage of the good parts and countdown the days till I'm back out on my own.

Here's to only 7 days!
~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment