Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fitness Frenzy

I usually don't go into too much specifics when it comes to fitness. Honestly, I don't really consider myself much of an athlete, and I feel like a bit of a faker trying to talk about it. What is that about?

Also, my workouts aren't that interesting or exciting. You know, I'll run a couple slow miles, or do one of my fave DVDs, or go to a group fitness class. But that's nothing exciting.

However, in the past few days, I have had some entertaining fitness experiences, so I figured why not relive them here!

1)New Running Route!
From last Saturday till Tuesday, I was back in my home town babysitting/house-sitting for some family friends. I tried to keep up my normal morning workouts, and did pretty well. Running in my neighborhood, though, still makes me feel all awkward and nervous. I wanted to run, but not around the area.

So, I finally bit the bullet and bought a year pass to the county park nearby! I have always wanted to run the 2 mile bike path that goes around the lake, but the $10 expense was something I didn't want to sacrifice in y post-gad budget. I know, $10 isn't that much, but that could also feed me for 2days!

Well, I did it, and it was worth every penny! I ran there 3 times while I was home and loved every second. I did the path either 2 or 3 times, and found myself continuously running way longer thanI expected with how hilly the path is. But with these views, how can you not?
source
not my kids

2. Locked myself out of the car
After one of these amazing runs, I managed to lock my keys and cell in the car. Only me, I swear. A nice old man let me borrow his phone to call my dad (and waited for him to get there and unlock the car- probably because he thought I was a barely-16 yr old), but my dad was about 25 min away.

In the meantime, I did a little strengthening workout. Me, the girl who 2 years ago claimed to hate working out, used a little spare time to get even sweatier and look ridiculous doing squats, lunges, and planks in the grass next to the parking lot

I did a little leg circuit (3xs):
  • 20 plié quats
  • 20 bench lunges (right, then left) obviously, the picnic table came in handy here
  • 30 calf raises (nuetral)
  • 30 calf raises (turned out in relevé)
Then a little core circuit (3xs)
  • 20 spiderman plans (10 each leg)
  • 20 rolling T side planks
  • 2 min plank
Man, oh man this little workout left me sore the next day! It hurt so good!

3. I got Zumba certified yesterday!!!!!
 This is the biggest news by far. I have been wanting to do it for the last 2 years and never had the cahoonas to do it. Well, in the spring (when I was still in school and had a little extra money to blow) I registered for the Basic 1 training.

Yesterday, I spent 9 hours learning, dancing, sweating, and having a great time! I really do love Zumba, and I am so excited to say that I am a certified instructor now!

bright gear was a must. Although, I missed the legging memo. I think I was the only one there in shorts, but it was hella hot, so I was ok with it!
The studio that hosted the training.
Oh yea, that's official, baby!
  I have no immediate plans to start teaching anywhere. I kind of feel like that would be a bad idea on top of my first year of teaching. I do have this dream of starting an after school class program at my job for the teachers and students and parents. Who knows, maybe after a couple months, I'll be able to start something up! 


Here's to fitness fiascos and feats, and to having a good time through all of it!
~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment