Also, my workouts aren't that interesting or exciting. You know, I'll run a couple slow miles, or do one of my fave DVDs, or go to a group fitness class. But that's nothing exciting.
However, in the past few days, I have had some entertaining fitness experiences, so I figured why not relive them here!
1)New Running Route!
From last Saturday till Tuesday, I was back in my home town babysitting/house-sitting for some family friends. I tried to keep up my normal morning workouts, and did pretty well. Running in my neighborhood, though, still makes me feel all awkward and nervous. I wanted to run, but not around the area.
So, I finally bit the bullet and bought a year pass to the county park nearby! I have always wanted to run the 2 mile bike path that goes around the lake, but the $10 expense was something I didn't want to sacrifice in y post-gad budget. I know, $10 isn't that much, but that could also feed me for 2days!
Well, I did it, and it was worth every penny! I ran there 3 times while I was home and loved every second. I did the path either 2 or 3 times, and found myself continuously running way longer thanI expected with how hilly the path is. But with these views, how can you not?
|not my kids|
2. Locked myself out of the carAfter one of these amazing runs, I managed to lock my keys and cell in the car. Only me, I swear. A nice old man let me borrow his phone to call my dad (and waited for him to get there and unlock the car- probably because he thought I was a barely-16 yr old), but my dad was about 25 min away.
In the meantime, I did a little strengthening workout. Me, the girl who 2 years ago claimed to hate working out, used a little spare time to get even sweatier and look ridiculous doing squats, lunges, and planks in the grass next to the parking lot.
I did a little leg circuit (3xs):
- 20 plié quats
- 20 bench lunges (right, then left) obviously, the picnic table came in handy here
- 30 calf raises (nuetral)
- 30 calf raises (turned out in relevé)
- 20 spiderman plans (10 each leg)
- 20 rolling T side planks
- 2 min plank
3. I got Zumba certified yesterday!!!!!This is the biggest news by far. I have been wanting to do it for the last 2 years and never had the cahoonas to do it. Well, in the spring (when I was still in school and had a little extra money to blow) I registered for the Basic 1 training.
Yesterday, I spent 9 hours learning, dancing, sweating, and having a great time! I really do love Zumba, and I am so excited to say that I am a certified instructor now!
|bright gear was a must. Although, I missed the legging memo. I think I was the only one there in shorts, but it was hella hot, so I was ok with it!|
|The studio that hosted the training.|
|Oh yea, that's official, baby!|
Here's to fitness fiascos and feats, and to having a good time through all of it!