Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIAW: Kitchen Disasters

This past week has all been about getting adjusted to my new place. Including the kitchen. Each kitchen has it's quirks, my new one included. I wish I could blame these disasters on that, but really, it's just my clumsiness showing it's ugly head. I like to say it's part of my charm.

Lucky for all of you, all 3 of these kitchen disasters happened in the same day. No lie. Good/Bad things always happen in threes, right?

Thanks Jenn for hosting, and giving me the chance to show all of my blunders.

The first nightmare happened at breakfast. I hate to say it, but I have switch my breakfast from oats! At my new place, I really like to eat breakfast out on my patio, which gets direct sunlight. It's just too damn hot to eat hot oats out there. So, I switched it up and attempted a smoothie.
This is what happens when you try to make a smoothie in a food processor. Apparently, their not made for that. It tasted good... when I could navigate around all the chunks. In the mix was some SunWarrior, chia, almond milk, mixed berries, and ice.

Luckily, lunch went off without a hitch. But then again, it's hard to screw up a salad.

This was followed by an unpictured apple with PB.

Dinner, however, was another story. In an attempt to get more protein and bulk up my meals, I decied to try TVP. I had heard ok things about it, it looked like a good thing to just hide away in my meals, and the directions for cooking looked easy enough. Yea, they looked that way.
Note to self: following those oh-so-easy directions leads to a  charred mess in the micro that will stink up the entire apartment.
Ahh much better at 1/2 the time. And not too awful. Although the texture is a little close to ground meat for me. Something I have never really enjoyed.
Mmmm add some sauteed veggies, a little oats, and some salsa, and you have a winner right there!
And the final disaster for the evening, came at desert. I just wanted a little choco oats.
I have only made choco oats in this very mug and micro about a bajillion times. You would think I have it down by now. Eh, still tasted good.

And sticking with this months theme, let's talk exercise. It's been about a week since I started my mission impossible: running. I can definitely say that it is still not something I love. But, I can feel it getting easier every time I do it. I haven't stuck with every single day, but I'm doing it more days than not. I think it's something I can stay with until I start my job and can actually afford to join a gym again. I do have to say, I miss sweaty, intense gym sessions, but it feels good to be doing something.

Here's to handling blunders with grace (seems to be something I have gotten pretty good at over the years haha)!
~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment