Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WIAW: Teacher on Summer Break

This summer, I have more spare time than I know what to do with. And, let me tell you, I have been soaking it all up! This is probably the last summer that I will have so much leisure time since I'll have to supplement income be traveling the world during future summers.

I've been moving in, getting settled, curriculum planning and making myself comfortable in my new city. And, while I've been loving the independence and the "me" time that I have been getting, I am beginning to get sick of myself. It's pretty lonely here since I haven't started working or meeting people really, and it's beginning to wear on me.

I know it will get better as my job starts and I meet my coworkers and have something set to do all day, but right now, it's just frustrating. Part of me wishes I had the balls to just go out and walk up to people and say "hi". But, I'm uncomfortable doing that. Eh, maybe one day.

Anywho, let's move on to something more positive... liiiiiike... WIAW!
What I Ate Wednesday; 
A day on the life of a teacher on Summer Break!
Here we go with Tuesday, which was a pretty typical summer weak day:

7:00- Wake up. Coffee. Breakfast #1
rice cakes with potein frosting and some berries.
8:00- Workout
      With my recent workout enlightenment, my workouts have been the best in a while. Today, I did 3.5 miles followed my some Yoga Meltdown with my chick, Jillian. Felt awesome. And sweaty. It's been boiling here again!

9:30- Breakfast #2
Monstruo Verde: vanilla Sun Warrior, frozen mixed berries, spinach and almond milk blended to smoothie perfection. 
 11:30-1:30- Pool Time! Yea life is rough.

1:30- Shower. Lunch.
Big ol' salad: romaine, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, chick peas, cukes, basil from my garden!, topped with nooch, balsalmic, and loads of pepper.
second course: apple, cinnamon, PB. matches made in heaven!
 2:30- Pack up the teacher bag and head over to Panera for some yummy coffee and some focus. I don't know why, but I canNOT focus in my apartment. Lot's of curriculum planning and syllabus writing has been going on lately.

5:00ish- Head back home for snacks! I can't bear to buy restaurant food on my teeny weeny budget.
       an unpictured bowl of cereal also went down.

8:00 Dinnah!

I call this creation "Single Girl Lasagna". I'll post a Lesson for it because this one was tasty!
diggin' in!
9:00 Dessert 
Choco-protein oats topped with PB. Like an ooey gooey cookie.
11:00ish: Bed. My body has been on this schedule since student teaching. Honestly, I don't hate it. Makes me feel like human- you know being alive during the daylight. And, hopefully it will make the transition to the school year easier.

So yea. That's it.

Here's to enjoying the down time... while I have it!
~ Rach

10 comments:

  1. Would love to know the recipe for your "single girl lasagna"! My bf and I eat separately most nights of the week and that sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's a winner for sure! I'll have it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post a recipe for that! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rice Cakes never looked so good! Must try. And I will take that smoothie please. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, popped by from WIAW :) hope you're enjoying your summer hols - they definitely will fly by! Know what you mean about getting sick of your own company, when I first moved here I had my summer holidays pretty much on my own before meeting people at work etc., but once school got started I met lots of new friends - sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's what I keep telling myself. I know it's all a matter of time, but the waiting is getting tedious. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  6. Love the lasagna and dessert :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going to start calling my green smoothies "monstruos verdes" haha I love it! I just found your blog! I eat a mostly plant based diet as well :) y tambien compartimos el amor de la lengua espanol. has ido un pais donde hablan espanol? hace dos anos que fui a espana por un mes! quiero regresar muy pronto! es un pais tan hermoso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. acabe leyendo tu "sobre me" y ahora se que has ido a espana tambien! que bueno! yo pase mi viaje en el norte de espana en santandar. necesito ir a granada y bracelona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí! Que bueno! Estudié en España por tres semanas el año pasado. Granada fue mi cuidad favorita! Creo que en todo del mundo! Debes ir prontisimo! Estoy emocionada encontrar otra amante del español :)

      Delete