Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer's Slipping Away

Holy-freaking-moly. It just occurred to me that the first week of July is almost over! Where did June go!?

I have only 7 and 1/2 weeks until the first day of school, and while that seems like a long time, I know that it is going to slip away from me. And, there is so much I need to do!

It's time to get some goals set. I like to set goals seasonally, and write them down so that I can reflect on them later.

So, without further ado, here's the list for the next 7.5 semanas:

1. CURRICULUM PLAN
       I have been procrastinating on this one. It seems so daunting. To sit down and plan how the entire year will go for my Spanish I and II classes. I know it will seem easier once I start doing it and getting organized. And I know I can do it. It's just the actual act of sitting down and sorting it all out that is looming ahead of me. The best thing to do will be to do a little each day so I don't get overwhelmed. So I'll start on that... tomorrow.

2. Run 2 miles without stopping.
      This goes back to my new, free exercise plan. So far, I'm sticking to it.

3. Be ready for the school year to start.
      Along with curriculum planning, I have to organize my classroom, figure out how I want the daily procedures to go, get my body adjusted to the timing schedule, etc. I can't get into the building until August, but when I can, you better believe I will be a prepping monster.

4. Make 3 new local friends.
     Moving to a new city alone is quite the challenge, and I haven't quite figured out how to meet new people yet. I have met a few of my neighbors, but they all seem to be young couples. It's great and everyone is super friendly, but I'm a single girl on the prowl! I really want to make some friends my age who are in similar "life situations" that I am. It's going to mean stepping outside my comfort zone. Alone. But, I'm up for the challenge, I think.

5. Get Zumba certified.
    I have already signed up for the certification in late July, and I canNOT wait to get there! Hopefully I  can find a little teaching job on the side to help supplement my first-year-teacher's income.

6. Fill my apartment's blank walls.
     I have some original works from both my mom, myself, and even my grandmother all ready and waiting be hung up, and I would really like to use the free time I have over the summer to create some more! I need to get back to my creativity, and my art is one of my favorite ways to do that.

Seems like a pretty solid list to me. All attainable with some work. And mostly measurable. Just like they teach us in the college of ed.

Here's to reaching high and meeting my "Summer unit objectives"!
~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment