Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chicago and the Doobie Brothers

This weekend, my whole family went to the Chicago and Doobie Bros concert that I bought my dad for Fathers Day! It was a big thank you for everything he has done for me, especially in the last year.

Let me tell you, it was a blast!

The night started out at the broski's house (his part of the gift) with a little cookout, and a couple of beers.

I started out the night with a sentimental, college throw back... that was quickly replaced about halfway through with a much tastier and far classier, Stella Artois.
We did burers on the grill, and buried under that pile of jalapeƱos, tomato and pickle is a Boca vegan burger. The condiments are necessary to make it taste less carboardy. Everything was also promptly covered in salsa and mustard.
Good family time: Mom and dad loading up their plates, me and my bro's GF who might as well already be part of the family, me and my friend-date for the night (who I actually came friends with through the brother and is always my date at things like this... you know, because I can't seem to find my own dates haha), and the obligatory pic of the pup, Jolene, since my bro refused pics at this point.
After dinner, we headed to Riverbend for the concert where, naturally some shenanigans continued:

Some photo bombing

Some dancing

please ignore my platypus feet...awkward


Some lovin'
Ah there's the Bro/Sis pic I was looking for


get a room!


 It was an amazing night! Perfect weather, great music, awesome company. Who knew I could have so much fun with the family!? Oh yea, I did! Nothing is more important, and I am so blessed to have a family that is so close and genuinely like spending time together!

Here's to cherishing the love of family!
~Rach




No comments:

Post a Comment