Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Number 11

So I got nominated by Lish over that jumpeatrun for one of these Liebster Awards that I have been seeing popping up on the blogosphere! Honestly, it never crossed my mind that I would be nominated for one of these, and it took me completely by surprise. Thank you so much!

11 is a little overwhelming, and I don't even know if I have 11 blogs that I would feel comfortable nominating, but I'll do as much of the process as I can pull together.

Here's the deal:
liebster-award.gif
Here’s the rules:
  1. Tell 11 random things about yourself
  2. Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you
  3. Create 11 new questions
  4. Nominate 11 blogs and let them know
Without further ado,

11 things about me:

1. I have 2 middle names. 
    1 first, two middle, one last. My brother and I actually both have our mom's maiden name as our second middle name, which is a cool tradition. However, for as long as I can remember, it has caused major problems. Filling out forms is almost impossible, and because this causes discrepancies on official documents, we have had lots of identity issues. But, my bro and I both like it and will probably pass the annoying gift onto out kids :)

2. I got my haircut yesterday.
    I always here that I look too young to teach highschool. Literally everyone I tell says that. And I know I look older with shorter hair, so I decided to chop it off for a more mature look before I start teaching in 2 short weeks!
before. long, flat, strait
The stylist always floofs it too much, but after some taming with the straightener, I love it!
3. I pee every 35-45 min.
   TMI? Sorry, I don't care. On top of the fact that I drink tons of water all day long, I also have a microscopic bladder. It's one of the things that really concerns me about teaching too. I can't just leave to go to the bathroom whenever I want, so I'm going to have to train myself to hold it longer. Good thing my room is right by the bathroom!
 4. I studied abroad in Spain.
     You might already know this, but it's one that I always pull out in ice-breaker games. And it was a completely life changing experience.

5. I was hungover this morning.
    Yea, it happens. It was my friend's birthday last night, and we definitely celebrated. For me, hangover = pancakes for breakfast. I concocted this protein pancake, and it was mighty tasted. This, a short (painful) fun, and a nap, and I'm feeling way better.

5. I paint my nails about twice a week.
   I feel naked without polish, and once it starts to chip, I have to redo it or I'll pick it all off.

6. I have a really small family.
   And they mean the world to me. Since my grandparents passed away in high school, it's just Mom, Dad, Daniel (the bro), and me. Now, we've added the bro's girlfriend, Maddy (who might as well already be part of the family) and their puppy, Jolene. I think because it is just us, we are even closer than we would have been otherwise. I can confidently say that I have the best relationships with both of my parents, and my bro is one of my very best friends. I feel so blessed and lucky to have these people in my life. 

7. I love post-its.
   Really, my collection in embarrassingly large. All different shapes and colors. With lines and without. At least I'll never run out.

8. I love ethnic food.
   I have always been a pretty adventurous eater, and if it doesn't come from an animal, I'll probably eat it. And like it. Indian, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Greek, Mexican, Turkish. I love it all. And, luckily, ethnic cuisine is usually very veg friendly :)

9. I changed my major 4 times during my first quarter of my freshman year.
          Math > Communications > Math Ed, Spanish Minor > Math Ed, Spanish Ed double major
     I've always known I wanted to be a teacher, but I got nervous when I went to school that I wouldn't find a job (or make enough money) as a teacher. Only took me about a month to decide that I had to follow my passion, and I eventually arrived at the double major in Spanish and Math Ed.

10. I'm an organization freak.
    I feel like it's the only way I can keep my sanity with all my work, student papers, lesson plans, etc. Disorganization actually makes me a little anxious.

11. This has take me a ridiculous amount of time to complete.
   I'm talking like almost 2 hours. To think of 11 things? Sad

Lish's questions:
  1. Are you left or right handed?   Right handed
  2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oatmeal- so many ways to have it!
  3. Do you have siblings? The broski, and his girlfriend (closest thing I've ever had to a sister)
  4. Are your toenails painted right now? What color? Yes! Highlighter pink
  5. What is the last trip/vacation you took? Cleveland- Cedar Pt and the Great Lakes Brewery
  6. Who is your biggest role model? My Dad. He is the most inspiring person I have ever known. He has been through so much in his life, and he treats people so well. He is so caring and understanding. I hope I can find a man like him one day.
  7. What is your favorite movie? How can I pick? The Bourne Trilogy, Pride and Prejudice, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, to name a few.
  8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Granada, Spain. Easy
  9. Do you have any pets? Not of my own. Jolene doesn't count. I really want to get  dog, though. In a few years...
  10. Do you prefer coffee or tea? COFFEE. I need it. I love it.
  11. What is your favorite hobby? I never thought I would say this, but it's working out. I have really fallen in love with exercise and fitness.
Wow that was hard. Maybe, I'm not as interesting as I thought haha. It was fun though!

This weekend is about to be epic! I'll def update when it's all over!

¡Salud!
~ Rach






1 comment:

  1. I love nail varnish too - I change it as often as I need to to co-ordinate with my outfits (how sad is that!) but over the summer I give my nails a break! And I leave the classroom ALL the time to go to the bathroom (like you, it's right near me) so I go, "oh, I'm just nipping ut for a second, but IM LISTENING and I'll be back in a sec. Mrs so and so next door will be watching out too!" they are totally used to it and no major catastrophes yet! haha!

    ReplyDelete