Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer's Over

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school. My first, first day in the teacher's seat. How quickly this crept up on me!

I successfully completed

  • 4 years of college 
  • A crazy quarter of student teaching
  • 5 days of straight staff meetings 
  • New teacher orientation
And, tomorrow, the kiddies are going to invade, and I will be charged with their safety, security, and, oh yea, their minds. 

Holy crap!

Actually, this week, I have felt oddly calm and prepared. Mostly, I'm excited to get started!

The countdown is starting...

***********
The beginning of the school year also signals the end of the summer. So, I thought I would take this opportunity to check in with my Summer goals.

1. CURRICULUM PLAN
      Check! Didn't really have a choice on that one. SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW      
2. Run 2 miles without stopping.
      Done and done.

3. Be ready for the school year to start.
      Feeling good

4. Make 3 new local friends.
     Did it! Thanks to some introductions from some college friends.

5. Get Zumba certified.
    Did it! 

6. Fill my apartment's blank walls.

That's a big 100% for me! Solid A+! I hope I can keep this ball rolling as the year starts! Update soon!

Here's to hitting the ground running!
~ Rach


No comments:

Post a Comment