Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

I have officially made it through my first day of school as a high school teacher!

After talking, walking, smiling, and sweating all day long, I am exhausted.

Exhausted, but so happy.

I could not have asked for a better first day. (well, some milder temperatures would have been nice)

Everything went according to plan, and I had no problems with students. I didn't mess up too badly. I didn't trip. And, I don't think I messed up any of the administrative, first-day duties.

I did have some unexpected time with first period, but I just filled it with a pronunciation song that I used all day in my Spanish 2 classes.

I am letting myself take it easy for tonight with a scheduled rest day and not putting too much pressure on myself to plan for next week. I have an idea where we are going, and I will really sit down and do it tomorrow/Thursday.

I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself the first week. I tend to hold myself to these impossibly high expectations, and I am always overly critical with myself. I don't want to burn myself out. I love this job, and I want to be happy in it for a long time.

I guess this first day in my career really means that I am a full blown adult and I can no longer consider myself a child at all. Weird. Sad. Terrifying. But, Exciting!

Like I said, I'm exhausted, but I'll do a more extensive recap over the weekend.

I'll leave you with my first day of school outfit! Professional, young, cool-ish. Loved it. But the shoes... my feet hated my by 5th period. Not happening again any time soon.


Here's to a great rest of the week!

~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment