Saturday, February 25, 2012

Girl's Night In: Keepin' it Classy

After last weekend's craziness, all I wanted and needed for this weekend was a relaxing night in with some good company. Luckily, my friend, Val was in the mood for just that.

We went to a neighboring town for a little retail therapy, and then we went to her apartment to cook  a yummy dinner and chit-chat.

 Pretty fancy for some college girls. Yea, right. Under there is some whole wheat penne, covered in sauteed broccoli, asparagus, and spinach, all drenched in tomato sauce. I think I could drink that stuff. However, I actually drank a glass of the cheapest pinot grigio we could find. Like I said, couple of college girls on a budget.
 Naturally, our classy meal was accompanied by the classiest of TV: a rerun of Jersey Shore.
 My second bowl all mixed up. Told you there was some pasta under there.
Again, the class was unmeasurable for dessert, too. Old-school double stuff Oreos. They were so delicious, and I ate way too many. Way. Too. Many. Although I had a great  night at Val' and totally enjoyed every sugary bite I took, the way I felt all night after and all day today has shown me what I already knew. Eating crap makes me feel like crap. I have been bloated, lethargic, and uncomfortable all day, and I honestly hate that feeling.

So, my goal this week is to clean up my eating. I need to get away from all of the processed food I have been snacking on, and go back to eating the foods that make my body feel the best. In no way am I trying to restrict or "diet", I just miss the way good, whole foods makes me feel.

So, here's to no regrets, and starting fresh- with food and everything else!
~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment