Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Single-girl Style

Happy Wednesday, everyone! We can all move on now from the maudlin overkill of yesterday. Let's call it "Single Awareness Day".

During the past four months or so, I feel like I have been dedicating all of my time and emotional energy picking myself from the awful breakup that I went through in September. I surprised myself, actually, with how well I handled the reminder that Valentine's Day threw in my face that I am no longer in that relationship. More than anything, I was maybe a little overly-cynical and easily-annoyed today, but I didn't get emotional or upset, or sad. And for that, I give myself a pat on the back! Yay me! Maybe Definitely a sign that I am really getting over this. I really do feel like I am. Gosh, it takes a long time!

But, onto some fun stuff...
It's WIAW over at Peas and Crayons!! Luckily for me, it always falls on my mini-weekend in the middle of the week.

This is Tuesday's eats, and a look into how I celebrated V's Day, Single-girl Style! I actually did a really good job recording everything I ate today, which looks like a lot. Because it is. I told you, I'm a grazer.


Breakfast (8:30)
The usze (like short for usual): oats-in-a-mug with black berries, chopped apple and cinnamon, topped with peanut butter.
 Off to the library to study, study, study for my Abstract Algebra midterm at 2:00.
My Valentine for the day.
 Lunch (veg wrap, carrots, a couple clementines) went unpictured because I was studying with a group and didn't want to come off weird.

But, after hopefully kicking some Abstract Algebra a$$, I cam home to the best Vday present ever... from myself!
My iHerb package arrived! Some snacky essentials.
 Naturally, some more grazing ensued:

I apologize for the blurry picture that looks like barf. But, this was delicious! Chopped apple, PB2, a little bit of oats. Yep, second time today I had oats.
Carrots and spicy brown mustard has become one of my fave, random combos.
 A real meal! Dinner
A bunch of roasties: cabbage, sweet potatoes, tofu, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus. Obviously, with sriracha-spiked ketchup.
 And some necessary Vday Chocolate.
Cocoa oats topped with PB. Third time today having oats. Third time having PB. Food rut maybe?  Sorry, I'm not sorry.
 And, the remnants of a late night snack
Cheerios + TJ's fiber cereal + Abreezy + cinnamon = perfection.
Yep, it was a lot today.
Much served in mugs (because everything is better that way).
Oats x 3. 
PB x 3.
Happy belly.

Here's to revelling in the freedom that being single provides, and doing what I need to love myself everyday!
~ Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment